You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble downloading photos and movies from Lumix Camera on latest Photos software Version 6.0 (330.0.150)

I am having trouble downloading photos and movies from my Panasonic Lumix Camera. It has worked fine until the latest Photos release. When I bring up Photos, it sometimes doesn't show any of the photos, sometimes it showed just one of the series, but sometimes it shows the photos but not the movies. It has stopped showing any movies at all from the camera. It is sort of inconsistent.

Also, when I power up the Camera to link it to the computer, sometimes I get a pop-up dialog box that says "File Not Found" which doesn't indicate what file or app (though I assume it's Photos).

I use another graphic program that can browse the camera, it can bring up the photos consistently but not the movies and the program's author says that the new version of MacOS prevents his software from deleting the photos after download, which sends me back to Photos again (or manually reformatting the camera's SD card).

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 10:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2021 12:48 PM

Can yous access the material with Image Capture (in the Applications Folder)?

manually reformatting the camera's SD card

...is the best method of clearing a card by far. it's much faster and you simultaneously refresh the layout of the card, and make issues less likely in the future.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 26, 2021 12:48 PM in response to peteski3

Can yous access the material with Image Capture (in the Applications Folder)?

manually reformatting the camera's SD card

...is the best method of clearing a card by far. it's much faster and you simultaneously refresh the layout of the card, and make issues less likely in the future.

Trouble downloading photos and movies from Lumix Camera on latest Photos software Version 6.0 (330.0.150)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.