You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ring when phone is locked

How or where do I change it so phone will ring when locked? I have a new IPhone 11

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 7:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 2:45 PM

I checked all the settings I read about to check as a possible source of the problem, and did not have:

• Do Not Disturb enabled
  • The mute side button on
  • Notifications not set up properly
  • Silence Unknown Callers enabled

After a trip to the Genius Bar, it was fixed by going to Settings>Accessibility>Face ID & Attention and disabling Attention Aware Features. I don't know if I ever enabled that myself or it was enabled in a previous IOS update. I think this is a bug because that is not the expected behavior of this feature.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 7, 2021 2:45 PM in response to patrica209

I checked all the settings I read about to check as a possible source of the problem, and did not have:

• Do Not Disturb enabled
  • The mute side button on
  • Notifications not set up properly
  • Silence Unknown Callers enabled

After a trip to the Genius Bar, it was fixed by going to Settings>Accessibility>Face ID & Attention and disabling Attention Aware Features. I don't know if I ever enabled that myself or it was enabled in a previous IOS update. I think this is a bug because that is not the expected behavior of this feature.

Ring when phone is locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.