You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages update

OS X Yosemite; Mac Mini: how long does it take for the Pages update to complete? The ball keeps spinning with no message to show it is uploading. Just keeps spinning and spinning. Does it take houses? I am hoping the update will solve sudden problem of Pages stalling in middle of function, that is the spinnning ball that never stops and Force Quit shows Pages not responding. I thought of reinstalling Pages by CD, but DVD drive quit qorking. Simple question, simple answer please: how long should one wait for Pages update to complete on OS X Yosemite. Thanks.

Posted on Mar 27, 2021 11:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 5:53 AM

There is no Pages update available for OS X Yosemite. Current Mac App Store versions of Pages v11 require Catalina and later. You are figuratively just spinning your wheels hoping that you can install Pages with the preceding restrictions on Yosemite.

4 replies

Mar 27, 2021 6:45 PM in response to donnav3

Current Pages updates/upgrades are to version 11.3. This version will work only on Big Sur (and possibly Catalina).

So the answer to your question—for an update to that version—one will have to wait until the update of the operating system is completed, a process which may not be possible, depending on your hardware.

This link will take you to a page where you'll find further information: How to upgrade to macOS Catalina - Apple Support

The main thing there, though is a list of Macs and whether they are compatible with Catalina. If yours is not, then it won't be compatible with Big Sur either.

" I thought of reinstalling Pages by CD, but DVD drive quit working. "

The last version of Pages delivered on a CD (actually a DVD) was the one that was part of the iWork '09 set.

That version will work on Yosemite and on ElCapitan and for a couple of OS versions after that.

Regards,

Barry

Mar 28, 2021 12:40 PM in response to donnav3

There was a period of time when I had different Macs using Mavericks and Mountain Lion, and I used to get those pop-ups on the older operating system telling me a new version of Pages is available — just not for Mountain Lion. Years later, these **** messages keep appearing on Macs that are not compatible with the download requirements. Go figure.

Pages update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.