You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMessage is not activating on my number. I have updated my phone as well

My iMessage is not activating on my number please guide me as to what I can do. I have also updated my phone

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 12:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 12:19 AM

First, check to know whether you have an SMS plan enabled at least for One SMS with your carrier. Contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider) the agency who issued the SIM to you

If your iPhone is used with a carrier not found in the wireless carrier articles, make sure you can send and receive international SMS. (One SMS Only)

See the pic below

4 Step Process --> Turn off and restart iMessage and FaceTime (The order/sequence is very important)

1. Go to Settings > Messages and turn off iMessage.
  2. Go to Settings > FaceTime and turn off FaceTime.
  3. Restart your device.
  4. Turn iMessage and FaceTime back on (Watch the GIF hereunder)

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 28, 2021 12:19 AM in response to Ayeshaaa4

First, check to know whether you have an SMS plan enabled at least for One SMS with your carrier. Contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider) the agency who issued the SIM to you

If your iPhone is used with a carrier not found in the wireless carrier articles, make sure you can send and receive international SMS. (One SMS Only)

See the pic below

4 Step Process --> Turn off and restart iMessage and FaceTime (The order/sequence is very important)

1. Go to Settings > Messages and turn off iMessage.
  2. Go to Settings > FaceTime and turn off FaceTime.
  3. Restart your device.
  4. Turn iMessage and FaceTime back on (Watch the GIF hereunder)

Mar 28, 2021 12:40 AM in response to Ayeshaaa4

Hi, there are a few things to check and try. Check that you are connected to the internet, either wifi or cellular. Also try toggling the iMessage switch to off (Settings>Messages>iMessage ), restart your iPhone then switch iMessage back on. Another to try is go to (Settings>Messages>Send And Receive) Here you will find a list of numbers and email addresses that can send and receive iMessages on your device, look for 'Start New Conversation From' if there isn’t a checkmark next to your phone number, tap on your phone number to activate iMessage for your number. You could also try resetting your network settings, (Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings), please note this last step will erase your wifi passwords. VPN's and bluetooth will be reset to factory default.

My iMessage is not activating on my number. I have updated my phone as well

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.