You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clearing History but not cookies

Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to clear iPhone browsing history but keep the browsing data like cookies

currently the only option is to clear browsing history AND data

i think Apple might have removed the history clearing only feature in iOS 9

if so they should bring back the feature as I want to keep YouTube cookies for recommendations but clear website history

thanks

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 3:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 4:19 AM

The only way that I know is when you’re in Safari

Tap on the bookmarks icon the navigate to history and you have to manually slide to delete each event but this won’t clear your cookies so if you are signed in to some website like YouTube then you can clear the history by manually sliding to left to delete and this delete it from the history but you can revisit YouTube again and don’t have to sign in again.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 28, 2021 4:19 AM in response to EJC26

The only way that I know is when you’re in Safari

Tap on the bookmarks icon the navigate to history and you have to manually slide to delete each event but this won’t clear your cookies so if you are signed in to some website like YouTube then you can clear the history by manually sliding to left to delete and this delete it from the history but you can revisit YouTube again and don’t have to sign in again.

Clearing History but not cookies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.