You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete photos from my icloud to free us storage space while keeping the photos on my phone?

How can I delete photos from my icloud to free us storage space while keeping the photos on my phone?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 8:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2021 8:48 AM

You cannot. iCloud photo is a sync service so any changes you make are reflected on all connected devices and in iCloud. You will need to transfer those photos somewhere like a laptop or desktop computer hard drive before you delete them if you want to keep them.

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 28, 2021 8:48 AM in response to Mindy5277

You cannot. iCloud photo is a sync service so any changes you make are reflected on all connected devices and in iCloud. You will need to transfer those photos somewhere like a laptop or desktop computer hard drive before you delete them if you want to keep them.

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.