You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic keyboard isn’t working

After I updated my iPad, then my keyboard isn’t working anymore

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 1:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 4:40 PM

Mine stopped working in the middle of use a few days ago. It’s definitely none of the issues identified in article. I’ve restarted several time and even reset the entire iPad. Still not recognizing keyboard (says it is not a recognized accessory).

this is an issue that seems to have been identified in the beta version.

there is literally no helpful documentation anywhere online.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 2, 2021 4:40 PM in response to sterling r

Mine stopped working in the middle of use a few days ago. It’s definitely none of the issues identified in article. I’ve restarted several time and even reset the entire iPad. Still not recognizing keyboard (says it is not a recognized accessory).

this is an issue that seems to have been identified in the beta version.

there is literally no helpful documentation anywhere online.

Mar 31, 2021 1:42 PM in response to mathias281

Hello, mathias281!

After reviewing your post, it seems like you are running into some issues with your iPad and the Magic Keyboard you use with it. We definitely understand that when that device isn’t working, it can be a concern and we'd love to help. Let’s start by reviewing this article, just to make sure nothing simple has been missed: Set up and use Magic Keyboard for iPad

It may also help to disconnect all peripherals from your iPad, including that keyboard, and restart it: Restart your iPad.

Please let us know if you have follow-up questions about this issue, or if the issue remains unresolved. Have a great day!

Magic keyboard isn’t working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.