You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14 Calendar app.

I received a calendar event which displayed differently on two different iPhones.

In iOS 13 I have been used to making annotations to events using the EDIT option, but on my newest iPhone with iOS 14 I notice that the EDIT option is missing.

Is this by design or a result of some remote setting by the person sending the event invitation?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 3:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2021 5:15 PM

Have you checked Restrictions on the phone with the newer iOS? Any of my events on my calendar with iOS 14.4.2 have Edit showing. That would be the only other thing that I would be aware of that could stop that. Have you tried force closing the Calendar app, or Force restarting the iPhone?

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 30, 2021 5:15 PM in response to j0hn4

Have you checked Restrictions on the phone with the newer iOS? Any of my events on my calendar with iOS 14.4.2 have Edit showing. That would be the only other thing that I would be aware of that could stop that. Have you tried force closing the Calendar app, or Force restarting the iPhone?

Mar 30, 2021 4:47 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Hi Chris

Hi Chris

I have an iPhone SE 2020 which still has iOS 13 and an older iPhone SE which has been updated to iOS 14 (mainly to test before changing my main phone.)

I did wonder if it was a setting on the NHS's mail servers.

What highlighted the issue was that the SAME event invitation in my iCloud Calender, displays differently on the 2 iPhones .

The previous screen grab was the older iPhone SE with iOS 14 showing the missing edit.

somehow I managed to miss attaching the screen grab below, which is the newer iPhone SE 2020 but with the older iOS 13 still installed.

In summary same event, different display on different phones.

Mar 30, 2021 4:29 PM in response to j0hn4

How did you receive this event invite? Considering the event subject, it may be set to not Edit. Did you create this event? I have an iPhone 12 Pro, and I can tell you that the ability to edit events is still possible, unless you have any restrictions turned on for the phone, or maybe if the phone is being managed by your employer.

iOS 14 Calendar app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.