You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

video file cannot be reverted

I have been making video and importing them to imovie all week with no problem, by emailing the video to myself and transferring it to imovie. No problems.

After editing a video yesterday that I transferred to imovie by plugging my phone in, I suddenly find if I unplug my phone all the videos in the imovie panel go black and it says no camera connected.

I subsequently tried emailing them again, opening them in Quicktime player so I could MOVE TO... another file. This has been working perfectly all week, but now it tells me the video cannot be reverted.

I am on a timeline to deliver this video and I cannot work with imovie

Please help!

I am using

MacOS Big Sur 11.2.1 on a macbook pro, and my videos are on iphone 7

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 1:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 8:00 AM

Not sure what is happening there. The easiest way to transfer videos from your iPhone to your Mac is to use the AirDrop feature. Enable AirDrop on both devices (see Finder help menu for instructions). Then use AirDrop to transfer the videos from your iPhone. They will download into the Downloads folder on your Mac. From there you can drag them into iMovie.

If still having problems, try deleting preferences. Open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 31, 2021 8:00 AM in response to danda137

Not sure what is happening there. The easiest way to transfer videos from your iPhone to your Mac is to use the AirDrop feature. Enable AirDrop on both devices (see Finder help menu for instructions). Then use AirDrop to transfer the videos from your iPhone. They will download into the Downloads folder on your Mac. From there you can drag them into iMovie.

If still having problems, try deleting preferences. Open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

video file cannot be reverted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.