You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Verification Required" prompt when trying to install apps.

When i tried to install an app earlier today, i got "verification required", so i typed my password as it told me to, and then it brought me to a payment screen. I was very confused because this was a free app, so i tried to remove the info (because it was declined) and it said i still have active subscriptions. I had 3, so i cancelled all of them.

after i did that, i was able to remove the card info, so i went back to the app and tried installing it, but it did the same thing. this time there was only a billing address and an option to add info. i just clicked done, because i didnt want to add another card, and it asked me type my password again but this time it was in a smaller type of prompt. Once i did that, the whole thing started all over again, and i still cant install apps. I'm very confused, please help. There is no "None" option and no "outstanding balance"

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 11:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 12:42 AM

If you don't have a NONE option, then you must have a valid payment method active in your account details, even for free apps.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.3.3; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.4.2; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.4.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.4.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.3  HomePods, audioOS 14.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 1, 2021 12:42 AM in response to jp_2649

If you don't have a NONE option, then you must have a valid payment method active in your account details, even for free apps.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 11.1; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 7.3.3; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 14.4.2; iPad Air 2, iPadOS 14.4.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.4.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 14.3  HomePods, audioOS 14.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

"Verification Required" prompt when trying to install apps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.