You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Latest IOS updates on older Ipad

My IPad latest IOS is on 12.5.2 vs 14.. How do I get the 14 if I have an older IPad air

iPad Air, 12

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 7:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2021 7:07 PM

If your iPad is stating that iOS 12.5.2 is up to date, then you have an iPad that is too old to support the newer iOS. My guess is that you have an original iPad Air, which cannot be updated past iOS 12.5.2. If you need a newer iOS to do something on the iPad, then you would need to purchase a newer one that supports the newer iOS. The iPad Air was released in 2013, so it is 8 years old, and considered obsolete.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 31, 2021 7:07 PM in response to cliffordmc

If your iPad is stating that iOS 12.5.2 is up to date, then you have an iPad that is too old to support the newer iOS. My guess is that you have an original iPad Air, which cannot be updated past iOS 12.5.2. If you need a newer iOS to do something on the iPad, then you would need to purchase a newer one that supports the newer iOS. The iPad Air was released in 2013, so it is 8 years old, and considered obsolete.

Latest IOS updates on older Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.