You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tiny black lines & internal crack

Has anyone had this problem? My screen is not cracked but it looks like it is internally. Also, these black lines have started appearing and every time I close my laptop and wake up the next morning there are more which is weird.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 12:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 5:52 PM

While the glass may not be cracked it appears the LCD Panel is cracked.

I see you have a camera cover installed and the crack is right next to this camera cover. Probably just grabbing the closed laptop would have exerted enough pressure against the camera cover to cause the LCD Panel to crack. Or maybe it occurred while in a laptop bag when something pressed against the laptop (again pressure against the camera cover). These Apple laptops have very limited clearance when the Display is closed so you should not be using any camera covers or keyboard covers as it can damage the Display. If you want to cover the camera, then use a piece of a Post-It Note.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 1, 2021 5:52 PM in response to trevina225

While the glass may not be cracked it appears the LCD Panel is cracked.

I see you have a camera cover installed and the crack is right next to this camera cover. Probably just grabbing the closed laptop would have exerted enough pressure against the camera cover to cause the LCD Panel to crack. Or maybe it occurred while in a laptop bag when something pressed against the laptop (again pressure against the camera cover). These Apple laptops have very limited clearance when the Display is closed so you should not be using any camera covers or keyboard covers as it can damage the Display. If you want to cover the camera, then use a piece of a Post-It Note.

Tiny black lines & internal crack

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.