You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I RECENTLY UPDATED MY MAC AND CANT FIND THE SEARCH BAR TO LOOK FOR MUSIC IN ITUNES.

I RECENTLY UPDATED MY MAC AND CANT FIND THE SEARCH BAR TO LOOK FOR MUSIC IN ITUNES.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 1:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 2:21 PM

Click in the search box at the top of the sidebar on the left and then click iTunes Store at the top right of the main window.

Also see: Buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

2 replies

Apr 4, 2021 9:22 PM in response to SohiniLiveWell

I had this problem too and figured it out. It was not my preferences: The "iTunes Store" is checked in my preferences and the iTunes Store is showing in the left sidebar.

When I entered something into the search field in the top of the left sidebar it only searched my library. I did not see any options on the top right to search the iTunes Store.

Finally I realized the right sidebar was open to view my Playlist "view next" and "history". I clicked on the the list icon above the right sidebar to close it and found the buttons to search the iTunes store. (The buttons are hidden under the right sidebar when it is open.)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.