You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't have an iPhone and using a android to create a apple id to start up an ipad that hasn't been started up before how do I get my recovery code

I can't get a recover key because I don't have an I phone I used a android to create my apple id

Posted on Apr 1, 2021 7:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 5:03 AM

If your iPad is new and unused, during the initial set-up you can sign-in with your existing AppleID - or create a new AppleID account directly from the device during the set-up process. For the benefit of absolute clarity, you do not need to create the AppleID account from (or using) any other device.

Set up your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

You should note that all devices used by one person should be signed-in using the same AppleID account credentials - as this allows purchased Apps and subscribed Apps and Services to be shared across devices.

You make reference to needing a Recovery Key. If this is indeed the case, then the device is not new/unused. If you are not the original owner, then the device is useless to you - as you will not be able to recover the device to a usable state.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 2, 2021 5:03 AM in response to hayle114

If your iPad is new and unused, during the initial set-up you can sign-in with your existing AppleID - or create a new AppleID account directly from the device during the set-up process. For the benefit of absolute clarity, you do not need to create the AppleID account from (or using) any other device.

Set up your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

You should note that all devices used by one person should be signed-in using the same AppleID account credentials - as this allows purchased Apps and subscribed Apps and Services to be shared across devices.

You make reference to needing a Recovery Key. If this is indeed the case, then the device is not new/unused. If you are not the original owner, then the device is useless to you - as you will not be able to recover the device to a usable state.

I don't have an iPhone and using a android to create a apple id to start up an ipad that hasn't been started up before how do I get my recovery code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.