You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple music sync issues

I switched to apple music for convenience a few months ago and am trying to get my main playlist to work correctly. I manage my music on my windows desktop and listen on the go with my iphone.

I am running into an issue where a playlist that I can clearly see on my desktop is how I want it.

But I can't manually sync the playlist to my iphone so it only shows an un-updated version of the playlist on my iphone. I am having some sort of issue, I think with sync library or apple music, but I can't figure out how to get this to work properly.

I've been combing everything I can online to figure out what exactly is going on but I can find nothing.

My itunes library is about 21,000 songs now so I am wondering if it is a storage issue, but I'm at a total loss, as I've read that apple music and sync library can handle up to 100,000 songs.

Clearly I'm doing something wrong, I just can't figure it out.

Desktop view of the playlist

View on Iphone

View if I right-click the playlist on desktop and hit "Show in apple music"

All the songs that I put in the playlist when i was on desktop are easily visible outside the playlist when i search for them on my iphone, but the playlist isn't updating.

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 12:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 11:43 AM

You might be able to fix your issue by turning Sync Library off for all of your devices, then turning it back on again.  Learn how.

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple music sync issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.