You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Windows opening slow / dissapearing

Macbook Pro (2019)

Mac OS Big Sur 11.2.3

I have this extremely frustrating and weird issue where windows from every app sometimes take minutes to load; going from Finder windows; to the About this Mac window; to Photoshop.... everything.

It also happens a lot for apps that are in the background; the window just disappear; when i tab or click the app to the foreground; there is no window (but when i right click on the icon, there is a list with active windows, i just can't see/open them).

I did a SMC reset; ran Onyx; DXDrive; virus scan; i can't find anything wrong. There are no error reports or logs in console.

Last thing i want to try is a clean install; but no body likes doing that... i was hoping there would be some other cause or solution.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 3:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 4:46 AM

Open Activity Monitor - View >> View All processes and check in CPU Tab for Runaway Processes and do same in Memory Tab. There might be an identifiable process(s) hogging the CPU / Memory.

1 reply

App Windows opening slow / dissapearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.