You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 has poor cellular

New iPhone 12 replacing iPhone 7. The cellular strength on new phone is awful. I set it right next to the 7 with the same provider (sprint) on both. I get 1 or 2 bars on IPhone 12, and full 4 bars on old iPhone 7. I can not load pages or send texts with images on new phone in areas (work) that I could on my 7.

had to turn off 5G as well to get better LTE

no cellular problems with old iPhone 7 but awful cellular with new iPhone 12

went to Apple store for support. The machine they had to test was not able to do testing for this on iPhone 12’s !!

they offered to replace phone with new one but since they only see the problem but can’t say what is the problem I’m not sure I’m going to be any better off with a new iPhone 12

any suggestions? Is this happening with others?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 5:22 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 6:11 AM

Hello Gettag!

Start Here:https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201415

4 replies

Apr 2, 2021 9:15 PM in response to Gettag

Thanks again DejaThorn. I appreciate the link. I’ve tried what it says and still I have poor cellular strength on this new iPhone 12. Still when I lay the old iPhone 7 next to the new iPhone 12 there is a huge difference. I even had my provider look at the two today. They changed the sim chip today and they had no solution after also looking at the diagnostic from the provider view, and did verify that there is an obvious and large discrepancy in cellular reception strength between the old phone and the new iPhone 12.

I’m new to this discussion board and although I appreciate the suggestion/ link the problem is not solved, but thank you.

so if anyone has any input on why my new iPhone 12 performs so poorly with cellular compared to my old iPhone 7 while alongside each other I would love to hear about what it might be or can be done. At this point I’ve turned off the 5G service which only made matters worse at times.

thanks everyone.

iPhone 12 has poor cellular

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.