You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer Driver

I have just updated to Big Sur and my Epson XP-320 no longer seems to work.

Is there a driver I can get to get it working again or is it time for a new printer?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 6:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 7:56 AM

Hi,

If there is a problem using the printer with USB, try a network connection.

In addition to the drivers downloads page for macOS Big Sur (link provided by Eau Rouge), you may want to have a look at the article About AirPrint - Apple Support. The Epson XP-320 is mentioned as a model supporting the driverless AirPrint technology. This means that it should be possible to use your printer without any drivers (via a Wi-Fi network connection). Drivers/software from the printer manufacturer may or may not add functionality.

Also, it is often a good idea to reset the printing system and re-add the printer.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 2, 2021 7:56 AM in response to timmer14

Hi,

If there is a problem using the printer with USB, try a network connection.

In addition to the drivers downloads page for macOS Big Sur (link provided by Eau Rouge), you may want to have a look at the article About AirPrint - Apple Support. The Epson XP-320 is mentioned as a model supporting the driverless AirPrint technology. This means that it should be possible to use your printer without any drivers (via a Wi-Fi network connection). Drivers/software from the printer manufacturer may or may not add functionality.

Also, it is often a good idea to reset the printing system and re-add the printer.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

Printer Driver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.