You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync creates duplicate songs in my Music Library on MacBook Pro.

Apple Music / Library / iCloud:

When I turn on Sync on my MacBook Pro, all my songs appear twice in my music library. When I turn off Sync, the duplicates goes away. What is wrong, and how do I fix it?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 7:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2021 6:58 PM

You may need to turn on Sync library, allow the duplicates to appear, and then give Music enough time to reconcile the existing content of your library with what it is registering in the cloud. Alternatively take a look at Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. What cloud status values do you have for two tracks that appear to be duplicates?

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 2, 2021 6:58 PM in response to WaltSDCA

You may need to turn on Sync library, allow the duplicates to appear, and then give Music enough time to reconcile the existing content of your library with what it is registering in the cloud. Alternatively take a look at Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. What cloud status values do you have for two tracks that appear to be duplicates?

tt2

Sync creates duplicate songs in my Music Library on MacBook Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.