You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Genius results can't be updated because the iTunes store doesn't recognise your music library" error message

I keep getting an error message saying "Genius results can't be updated because the iTunes Store doesn't recognise your Music library" which is stopping from files I upload into Music from being added to my icloud music library and therefore not accessible on my devices.

The suggested fix is "Please choose File > Library > Turn Off Genius to turn off Genius, then turn it back on" but this is no longer an option in Apple Music menus.

I have tried signing out and in again, checking if there are any files that might be causing an issue - nothing changes.

Any ideas on how to resolve?

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 6:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 1:43 AM

Thank you managed to fix it. Doesn’t help that Apple Music’s error message instructs you to access a menu that doesn’t exist.

To fix I signed out completely and signed back in again. Took a while for the music library to sort itself out, and some old old playlists came back, but all good now.

3 replies

"Genius results can't be updated because the iTunes store doesn't recognise your music library" error message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.