You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Crashing: panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff8018d64a25): userspace watchdog timeout

Guys, Need your help. My MacBook keep crashing since I upgraded to macOS Big Sur. This upgrade is disaster for me. I reinstalled OS multiple time (without wiping data). Here is the crash report for my latest crash - (I am also adding EtreCheck Pro Report & Full Crash report , as I saw few folks are recommending it for additional info to investigate). Please help.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 3, 2021 8:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 5:05 AM

Kernel panics are predominantly caused by third-party kernel extensions (kexts) or hardware faults.

The only thing of any utility in the panic log is whether there are third-party kexts loaded. Sometimes there is other info which might suggest which hardware subsystem has a fault, but usually not.

There are several other extremely rare causes including bad Apple kexts.

If it is not a third-party kext, you would need to take it to an Apple Store or Authorized Repair center to determine the cause.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 4, 2021 5:05 AM in response to Ashish Pande

Kernel panics are predominantly caused by third-party kernel extensions (kexts) or hardware faults.

The only thing of any utility in the panic log is whether there are third-party kexts loaded. Sometimes there is other info which might suggest which hardware subsystem has a fault, but usually not.

There are several other extremely rare causes including bad Apple kexts.

If it is not a third-party kext, you would need to take it to an Apple Store or Authorized Repair center to determine the cause.

MacBook Pro Crashing: panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff8018d64a25): userspace watchdog timeout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.