You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email accounts just stop working

Hi guys,

I have noticed over the last months that my email accounts will just stop working. It doesn't seem to be my iCloud, but more my gmail accounts which are linked to g-suite. just wondering is it a g-suite-apple language thing or something different.

I note that other people have issues with their emails on the support chat.

It only seems to happen with my iMac (not my older MacBook Air, or phone) but sometimes I think all my devices (all apple) don't all work together as well as what they could and if I open a mail on the iPad, it may not show on my iMac.

If I shut down my iMac or restart my iMac (bought April 2018) the mail will work again.

I am not technical enough to tell you anything more than this! Apologies in advance!

Many thanks

N

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 8:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 8:47 AM

Please restart in Safe Mode per the directions in Use Safe Mode to isolate issues with your Mac and then restart normally and test. If the problems continue please follow the steps in If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Email accounts just stop working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.