You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing music

I've input a music CD into my Mac and synched my phone so I have the same CD there, too. Trying to use family sharing to enable to share the music CD with my wife's devices. I've set up family sharing, but don't know how to make this happen.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 4:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2021 5:02 PM

AppleLono,

Family Sharing works on content purchased from the iTunes Store. It does not work on ripped CDs. See details in here:

What types of content can I share with my family? - Apple Support

3 replies

Apr 4, 2021 6:09 PM in response to ed2345

ED2345 Thanks for the quick reply. I had a feeling that was the case. I still think I've set up family sharing incorrectly so I'm going to uninvite and start from scratch. My old Mac has iTunes....my wife's new macbook and phone has iMusic so there may be some issues there as well. But thanks for letting me know that music ripped from CD's won't be shareable.

Family Sharing music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.