You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to use images that only appear in Files->On My iPad ?

I have images (JPEGs & PNGs) on my iPad that show in Files->On My iPad , but don’t show when I try to access them using other apps (e.g. Photos or the official Twitter app).

What am I doing wrong? Currently, I have images in On My iPad that I can’t even work out how to crop, etc.

I’m not that experienced with the iPad operating system so please keep it basic.

Thanks.

iPad Air (3rd Gen)

iPadOS 14.4.2

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 5:05 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 6:14 AM

Hello, Richard Bailey3.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post, we understand you're unable to use some photos stored in the Files app. We'd be glad to help. Apps would need permission in order to access content within the Files app. Currently, Photos and Twitter do not have the option to access Files. To see what apps have access, go to Settings > Privacy > Files and Folders.

About privacy and Location Services in iOS and iPadOS

"Privacy settings in iOS and iPadOS help give you control over which apps have access to information stored on your device."

You'll need to save the images to photos in order for them to be shared with other apps or to be edited. To send the JPEGs and PNGs to Photos, go to the Files app and tap on the file. From there the bottom left corner has this icon, tap on this icon and at the bottom should be an option to save image. This would add it to your photos and can be edited or shared from there.

Let us know if this helps.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 6, 2021 6:14 AM in response to Richard Bailey3

Hello, Richard Bailey3.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post, we understand you're unable to use some photos stored in the Files app. We'd be glad to help. Apps would need permission in order to access content within the Files app. Currently, Photos and Twitter do not have the option to access Files. To see what apps have access, go to Settings > Privacy > Files and Folders.

About privacy and Location Services in iOS and iPadOS

"Privacy settings in iOS and iPadOS help give you control over which apps have access to information stored on your device."

You'll need to save the images to photos in order for them to be shared with other apps or to be edited. To send the JPEGs and PNGs to Photos, go to the Files app and tap on the file. From there the bottom left corner has this icon, tap on this icon and at the bottom should be an option to save image. This would add it to your photos and can be edited or shared from there.

Let us know if this helps.

Cheers!

How to use images that only appear in Files->On My iPad ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.