You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AOC Monitor

I have an iPad 8th generation and I have a AOC e1659fwu monitor. I keep getting the messages that my iPad does not support this accessory and the is not enough power to support this accessory. How can I get this monitor to work on my iPad?

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 8:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2021 9:56 PM

iPad usually uses AirPlay 2 to an AirPlay 2 receiver, or via an adapter to an external display.

Connect iPad to a TV, projector, or monitor with a cable - Apple Support

I don’t know what the maximum supported resolution might be, and don’t see it in the tech specs.

iPad (8th generation) - Technical specifications

I suspect it’ll be at most 2160-by-1620.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 5, 2021 9:56 PM in response to fenetia

iPad usually uses AirPlay 2 to an AirPlay 2 receiver, or via an adapter to an external display.

Connect iPad to a TV, projector, or monitor with a cable - Apple Support

I don’t know what the maximum supported resolution might be, and don’t see it in the tech specs.

iPad (8th generation) - Technical specifications

I suspect it’ll be at most 2160-by-1620.

Apr 5, 2021 8:19 PM in response to fenetia

I don’t think this’ll work. You could try connecting to this USB monitor via a powered USB hub, as it would appear this monitor is trying to draw (too much) power from the iPad. But the bigger problem is the lack of DisplayLink support. This monitor lists host software installation requirements, and the manual does not list any available iPad software, and does not list iPad support.

AOC Monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.