You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple celebrates 10 years of Apple Pay. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fraudulent apply pay charges

I had a fraudulent charge on my apple pay account. The debit card was cancelled. 2 days later another fraudulent charge showed up for the same amount, and the bank said it was charged against the new card, which I had not added to my apple wallet. How did this occur and what recourse do I have through apple?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Apr 6, 2021 8:43 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 7:09 AM

If the charge was on the new card that was not added to Apple Wallet then there is no recourse through or for Apple. Apple Pay is only a method to use your card in a contactless way. Apple does not even use or know your real card number. Apple Pay & Privacy - Apple Support. If you think there is a subscription that started then you can go to this link - Subscriptions and Billing - Official Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 7, 2021 7:09 AM in response to mbirving

If the charge was on the new card that was not added to Apple Wallet then there is no recourse through or for Apple. Apple Pay is only a method to use your card in a contactless way. Apple does not even use or know your real card number. Apple Pay & Privacy - Apple Support. If you think there is a subscription that started then you can go to this link - Subscriptions and Billing - Official Apple Support

fraudulent apply pay charges

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.