You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting apps

How can I delete purchased apps from the app store?

I know how to remove an app from my phone screen but I also want to remove it from the cloud. When I go to the app store and search for the apps, even though I deleted an app, the app will have the iCloud symbol next to it instead of saying "Get". How can I permanently delete apps off my phone, iCloud and App store?

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 6:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 8:41 AM

Sorry, you cannot. Those purchases are a record for Apple own's financial and tax records. Yet you can hide the purchases on your devices (but I'm sure you know that already): Hide purchases from the App Store - Apple Support

2 replies

Apr 14, 2021 12:43 PM in response to karuna211

I have the same problem. I can no longer use my banking apps. I uninstall them and reinstall them, still the cloud is using the wrong passwords and I can't get online banking. So, I don't allow them in the cloud anymore? When I reinstall, it comes from the cloud containing wrong information. How do we permanently delete these apps??? There has to be a way

Deleting apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.