You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Block Apple ID purchases

My adult child has been using my account for purchases on her devices. My question is, is there a way to block those devices so I can keep my credit card info for my own purchases? Is there another way to do this so I have control?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 7:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2021 7:50 AM

Change your password so she can't access your account. If she doesn't have her own Apple ID, create a new ID for her to use.

Apple ID Password Change.      

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID - create a new.      

Apple ID – Create         

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 7, 2021 7:50 AM in response to Blueovaldude

Change your password so she can't access your account. If she doesn't have her own Apple ID, create a new ID for her to use.

Apple ID Password Change.      

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support     I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Apple ID - create a new.      

Apple ID – Create         

Apr 13, 2021 9:41 PM in response to Eric Root

I see how that might be helpful but for me, I need a different solution. Can I block all in-app purchases for everyone in my family, including myself? I have a sleep disorder and often open apps and play games while basically in a form of sleep walking. I have iCloud and Apple Music subscriptions so can’t remove the card. Help cuz I can’t afford it, but because I am the one purchasing, I cannot dispute it. Purchased in-app for a game over $700 in one night. Thank you.

Block Apple ID purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.