You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

office 2011 compatible to macos big sur

Is Word 2011 compatible if I upgrade to macOS Big sur? I have an old office 2011 but I do not want to lost the office app if the upgrade will not be compatible.

Posted on Apr 9, 2021 5:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2021 5:40 PM

Office 2011 is 32 bit software and will not run in Big Sur, or Catalina as they both require all software to be 64 bit.

MS stopped all support for 2011 over a year ago. They will not be doing anything to update or patch it. If you plan up upgrading the OS, then you'll need to purchase an up to date version of Office.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 9, 2021 5:40 PM in response to rfm1983

Office 2011 is 32 bit software and will not run in Big Sur, or Catalina as they both require all software to be 64 bit.

MS stopped all support for 2011 over a year ago. They will not be doing anything to update or patch it. If you plan up upgrading the OS, then you'll need to purchase an up to date version of Office.

office 2011 compatible to macos big sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.