You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloaded fonts won't install

Hello!

I just got a MacBook Air from work and I have downloaded fonts and tried dragging them into FontBook. All that happens is a quick window flashes open and then closes and then they are not showing up as installed.

Please help!

Thank you!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 9, 2021 9:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 9:39 AM

hello, yes I have. I hit "install font" and/or drag the font into FontBook but nothing has worked. This is a work computer but I am listed as "admin" and have successfully downloaded and installed programs such as the Silhouette software.

Are there any other settings I should be looking at maybe?

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 10, 2021 9:39 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

hello, yes I have. I hit "install font" and/or drag the font into FontBook but nothing has worked. This is a work computer but I am listed as "admin" and have successfully downloaded and installed programs such as the Silhouette software.

Are there any other settings I should be looking at maybe?

Downloaded fonts won't install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.