You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pasteing into Apple Mail

I'm unable to paste into the text area of an email in Apple Mail on a mid 2014 Macbook Pro. I am using OS 13. Oddly, I CAN paste into the subject line or any other line. I have already reset my disk permissions using diskutil in Terminal. I am also able to paste in other applications. The final wrinkle is that when I try to paste something into the text area, it seems to insert a blank line or two. This started "out of the blue". Any ideas?

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 10:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 11:02 AM

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 11, 2021 8:08 AM in response to BDAqua

Hi,

Yes, a good suggestion. In this case, though, it looks like I have some corrupt characters in the Word document. I had not been very thorough in my diagnostics, in terms of trying to copy and paste other documents. When I copied the text into TextEdit, it worked, then I was able to copy it to an email. Other Word documents copied fine.

In any case, thanks for your suggestion.

Pasteing into Apple Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.