You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The orientation won’t change to portrait mode in the message app only. Every other app switches back and forth and it won’t change even when I do portrait orientation lock???!

The orientation for messages is frozen in landscape mode All other apps will switch from landscape to portrait when I rotate the phone but messages won’t switch at all

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 11:59 AM

1 reply

Apr 11, 2021 10:50 AM in response to 536two

Hey there 536two,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with rotating the screen for the Messages app on your iPhone, and we'd like to share some resources that can help.

It looks like you've already reviewed Rotate the screen on your iPhone or iPod touch.

If so, and the issue persists, give the steps here a try: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

Cheers!

The orientation won’t change to portrait mode in the message app only. Every other app switches back and forth and it won’t change even when I do portrait orientation lock???!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.