You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari browser unsecured connection to website.

Hello thanks for reading. This is my first IPhone. I bought it new at Walmart pay as you go so nothing fancy the IPhone 7. I’ve been happy enough with Safari to use that as my browser. In fact Brave browser was horrible.

I know all about http and https when I’m on a website. I know right now this discussion.Apple is secure. Has the lock by it etc. So I know a little bit about a little. I’m not using a vpn just my home network.

I will search for something and as soon as I click on it I will go to the site and it will be a little slower and I’ll see the message not secure. Obviously I’m not connected over a secure connection. I know sometimes that happens to everyone. Happens to me a lot while surfing. Was wondering if anyone could be kind enough to let me know there thoughts on this one. Every site isn’t going to have a lock on it but the ones that say unsecured I feel like I can’t be myself in general. I like being over a secured connection while going to websites regardless if it’s this site, Facebook ( obviously) Reddit ( which is ) as well as sometimes they go from being secured to unsecured. Any feed back would be appreciated if there’s something I can do. Thank you for reading.

iPhone 7

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 5:54 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 12:17 PM

Hello, NEGANusesApple. Thank you for posting to the Apple Support Communities. You’ve come to the right place for help using Safari on your iPhone. 

From what we understand, you have some questions on how to proceed when you see that a certain website is “Not Secure”. We’re happy to provide you with some helpful information on what you can do when you see a message like this while using Safari. 

Please read over the tips in the following Apple Support article first: 

If you see a "Not Secure" warning while browsing the web with Safari - Apple Support

It is important to note that you should: “Never provide your password or credit card numbers to sites with this warning. If you need to use the site, contact the site owner or administrator and let them know that their site isn't secure.”

We hope that this information provides you with a helpful solution. Please let us know if we can assist with anything else! 

Cheers! 

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 12, 2021 12:17 PM in response to NEGANusesApple

Hello, NEGANusesApple. Thank you for posting to the Apple Support Communities. You’ve come to the right place for help using Safari on your iPhone. 

From what we understand, you have some questions on how to proceed when you see that a certain website is “Not Secure”. We’re happy to provide you with some helpful information on what you can do when you see a message like this while using Safari. 

Please read over the tips in the following Apple Support article first: 

If you see a "Not Secure" warning while browsing the web with Safari - Apple Support

It is important to note that you should: “Never provide your password or credit card numbers to sites with this warning. If you need to use the site, contact the site owner or administrator and let them know that their site isn't secure.”

We hope that this information provides you with a helpful solution. Please let us know if we can assist with anything else! 

Cheers! 

Safari browser unsecured connection to website.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.