You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am having a heck of a time with my son's broken phone iPhone XS.

We have warranty, but they say we need to disable find my iPhone so that they can send out a new phone. His screen does not work at all (black) and he doesn't remember his apple ID passcode.

How else can I disable find my iPhone on his iPhone when we can't see the screen and don't have his Apple ID password?

iPhone XS

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 3:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 5:47 PM

If necessary, access the account on another device/computer. If he forgot the Apple ID password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if he can get a Rescue or Notification  email option if necessary.

Apple ID - Manage            

Apple ID – Forgot Password            

To remove Find My Phone, if the password is recovered.

Find My Phone – Remove device.    

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 11, 2021 5:47 PM in response to ThankYouBC

If necessary, access the account on another device/computer. If he forgot the Apple ID password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if he can get a Rescue or Notification  email option if necessary.

Apple ID - Manage            

Apple ID – Forgot Password            

To remove Find My Phone, if the password is recovered.

Find My Phone – Remove device.    

I am having a heck of a time with my son's broken phone iPhone XS.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.