You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Login Password was changed using Apple ID, but new P/W did not work. Is there a set of keys to press during restart that will bring up Apple ID prompt.

Is there a prompt or set of keys that will bring up "change password using Apple ID?"

Tried entering password several times (+3 times), but cannot get Apple ID assistance in changing Login Password. Thanks.jn

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 5:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 5:39 PM

See if anything here helps.

User Password Reset.   

User Password Reset (2).         

User Password Reset – Apple ID.    

3 replies

Apr 13, 2021 2:34 PM in response to PJJN

You are welcome. Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

If you want to, you can send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem or a suggestion for change. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem/suggested change solved sooner. Pick the closest topic you can find.

Click here to send Feedback          

Apr 13, 2021 2:27 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks very much, Eric. I believe someone was using my Apple ID and preventing me from using it to change my password. I used CMD + R, got to Disk Utility and with some magic was able to change my Start Up Disk. Once I rebooted, I began seeing the Apple Id assist block - So have change everything and back up working. I use the two-factor authentication - The system asked if I wanted notifications in the Washington, DC area - I live in New Mexico and usually allow notifications to the Tempe, AZ area. I took a screen shot (below) - I would like to tell Apple about it, but don't see how. Thanks for your help. jn

Login Password was changed using Apple ID, but new P/W did not work. Is there a set of keys to press during restart that will bring up Apple ID prompt.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.