You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar travel time

In calendar on my iphone travel time is often stuck on public transport or walking and not showing me the car option - how do i fix this?

And on my Mac I don’t get any options - i can only add the suggested time options, even though i have entered an address.

Thank you in advance.

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 10:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 7:27 AM

per87,

We're glad to hear you were able to figure out the reason you're not seeing that estimated time suggestion via car, public transport, etc.

It sounds like there is an issue with how your work address is being mapped. In that case, you could report that issue in Maps using the steps found in this article: If Maps isn't working on your Apple device 

Thanks for your time.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 18, 2021 7:27 AM in response to per87

per87,

We're glad to hear you were able to figure out the reason you're not seeing that estimated time suggestion via car, public transport, etc.

It sounds like there is an issue with how your work address is being mapped. In that case, you could report that issue in Maps using the steps found in this article: If Maps isn't working on your Apple device 

Thanks for your time.

Apr 13, 2021 9:12 AM in response to per87

Hey per87,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand you're not seeing the car option under travel time in Calendar on your iPhone or Mac. Let's see how we can help out here.

To start, let us know which iPhone model and exact iOS version you're using. You can find this under Settings > General > About. This will help make sure we're looking in the correct settings with you, as some settings options change with iOS updates.

For now, let us know exactly where you are going to look for the travel time options for your event in Calendar. Are you opening Settings > Calendar and going into an option there? Or, are you opening your calendar event and finding the option from there?

When was the last time you seen the car option presented to you on your iPhone?

For reference: Create and edit events in Calendar on iPhone

Any other details you can share with us, will be helpful too. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards.

Apr 16, 2021 6:44 AM in response to Sharon_419

Hey thank you for your reply!

i’m starting to identify the problem... it’s my work address, if i choose the address on the other side of the street, then there is no problem and i can get an estimated time suggestion for car, public transport etc. - in maps my work address is pinpointed away from the street in a place where there is no public access, instead of at the main gate.

Calendar travel time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.