You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I upgrade Numbers 1.0.3 on MacBook Pro with High Sierra?

... or is Numbers '08 v. 1.0.3 as high as it will go?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 2:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 8:44 PM

As far as I can recall there never was any upgrade pricing to go from iWork '08 to iWork '09. Later versions, post-October 2013, have been available for free. However, as has been mention in this forum many, many times, only the current version of the apps are available for download from the Mac App Store.

You could have that person export the files to Excel format & sent those. Numbers will "translate" from one format to the other & the process may not be perfect.

Another option to open newer Numbers files would be to sign into iCloud.com & open the files in iWork for iCloud. Or, if you have an iPhone or iPad, use Numbers for iOS to work with the files.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 13, 2021 8:44 PM in response to Sarah Satterlee

As far as I can recall there never was any upgrade pricing to go from iWork '08 to iWork '09. Later versions, post-October 2013, have been available for free. However, as has been mention in this forum many, many times, only the current version of the apps are available for download from the Mac App Store.

You could have that person export the files to Excel format & sent those. Numbers will "translate" from one format to the other & the process may not be perfect.

Another option to open newer Numbers files would be to sign into iCloud.com & open the files in iWork for iCloud. Or, if you have an iPhone or iPad, use Numbers for iOS to work with the files.

Apr 13, 2021 1:32 AM in response to Sarah Satterlee

I do not recall what the last version was of Numbers '08 (Numbers 1.0) before Numbers '09 (Numbers 2.0) was released. Support for old apps goes away pretty quickly.

If I recall correctly, back in the day you would download and save the update files (they came as disk images). You owned the install DVD so, if you ever needed to, you could reinstall fresh then upgrade to the latest release all on your own, without relying on Apple to serve it up for you again. Do you have any of those still around?

Apr 13, 2021 10:01 AM in response to Peggy

Thanks for responding, Peggy. Actually, I already have Numbers '08 v. 1.0.3 but want to know if I can upgrade it to a higher version. Or do I need to purchase a later iWorks version? I have located a source for iWorks '09. I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) running on High Sierra (10.13.6) and I understand that Numbers 11 requires a versions above OSX 10.14.6.

Can I upgrade Numbers 1.0.3 on MacBook Pro with High Sierra?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.