You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone X overheating after ios 14

I am outraged as an iphone X i purchased in December has been overheating constantly after installing ios 14. I bought two of the same phone for my two kids and the one is perfectly fine whereas the second overheats after 30 minutes of continuous use. I took it to the apple store to investigate and was basically told to buy a new phone. Is there anyone here with some sort of solution. Something temporary? I am sick of apple forcing these updates that simply slow the phone down to force more consumer demand. What a great business agenda!

iPhone X

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 9:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 4:43 AM

Hello,

Have you seen this link? See below:

Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

Good luck.

3 replies

Apr 15, 2021 6:23 AM in response to pbann9

I am done with apple i’m throwing this phone away and buying another android i am absolutely appalled at the customer service here. There has been NO help that has solved anything and the help i have been given has been the same exact thing i hate you so much apple and i will never be buying another apple product again. You track my data and sell it while slowing down my phone that was only released 2 years ago. These phones should not cost thousands of dollars and your corporate scheme is not trapping me again. Thank you for NOTHING

iphone X overheating after ios 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.