You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot record my screen

If I try I get an error message

"Registrazione schermo

Non disponibile quando Airplay, Carplay, le restrizioni o la duplicazione schermo sono attivi"

which is

"Screen recording

Not available when Airplay, Carplay, restrictions or screen mirroring are active"

Can anyone help?

Grazie

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 2:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 7:21 AM

Hey there LauraMagdaB,

We understand you've been unable to use the screen recording feature. You see an error about AirPlay, CarPlay, and restrictions. We'll be happy to help.

If you're using CarPlay or AirPlay you'll need to disconnect in order to use the screen record feature.

However, if you're not using either, let's check for restrictions. Go to: Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Content Restrictions > Screen Recording

Make sure that is set to "Allow".

For full details on restrictions, check this out: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Let us know how that goes or if you have any restrictions. Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 14, 2021 7:21 AM in response to LauraMagdaB

Hey there LauraMagdaB,

We understand you've been unable to use the screen recording feature. You see an error about AirPlay, CarPlay, and restrictions. We'll be happy to help.

If you're using CarPlay or AirPlay you'll need to disconnect in order to use the screen record feature.

However, if you're not using either, let's check for restrictions. Go to: Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Content Restrictions > Screen Recording

Make sure that is set to "Allow".

For full details on restrictions, check this out: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Let us know how that goes or if you have any restrictions. Cheers!

I cannot record my screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.