You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pairing keyboard to Mac-Mini

My Apple blutooth keyboard stopped pairing with my new Mac Mini. Since my Mini is password protected, I cant access any of the Apple utilities. Blinking green light tells me the keyboard is alive but no joy on pairing to the Mini. Any ideas??

Steve

Mac mini, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 10:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 1:47 AM

Steve

Is the keyboard the Older version with removable batteries or the Newer without removable batteries? As a temporary workaround and to get access to Utilities on the Mac mini - use a wired keyboard.

Now, if the keyboard is Older and has been used previously with another device - it needs to be Unpaired from the previous device. With the usb keyboard attached and the now Unpaired Keyboard available turn it Off. Pause maybe 10 seconds and turn it On again and see of the new Mac mini can see it and pair it.

If the keyboard is the Newer without removable batteries and again using the USB Keyboard - use the Lightning to USB cable that came with the New Keyboard - connect to keyboard and then to Mac mini - it should comment the Pairing process

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 14, 2021 1:47 AM in response to Mac-Mini-Issues

Steve

Is the keyboard the Older version with removable batteries or the Newer without removable batteries? As a temporary workaround and to get access to Utilities on the Mac mini - use a wired keyboard.

Now, if the keyboard is Older and has been used previously with another device - it needs to be Unpaired from the previous device. With the usb keyboard attached and the now Unpaired Keyboard available turn it Off. Pause maybe 10 seconds and turn it On again and see of the new Mac mini can see it and pair it.

If the keyboard is the Newer without removable batteries and again using the USB Keyboard - use the Lightning to USB cable that came with the New Keyboard - connect to keyboard and then to Mac mini - it should comment the Pairing process

Pairing keyboard to Mac-Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.