You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

carplay doesn't appear to be part of the General settings on my iPhone X iOs 14.4.2

Very frustrating I hope the solution is easy to find. Why does Carplay option doesn't show - on the General settings tab on my iPhone X iOs 14.4.2

PLEASE help. thanks

Hanani

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 2:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 3:47 AM

THANK YOU !!!! i changed this Carplay Restriction which was OFF setting as you suggested but it was not enough, still the Carplay option did NOT show in my settings so I kept reading through the link you sent me and found out I NEEDED TO ENABLE SIRI too !!!! and wallah it is WORKING.

THanks very much for the very quick response.

Hanani

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 14, 2021 3:47 AM in response to SravanKrA

THANK YOU !!!! i changed this Carplay Restriction which was OFF setting as you suggested but it was not enough, still the Carplay option did NOT show in my settings so I kept reading through the link you sent me and found out I NEEDED TO ENABLE SIRI too !!!! and wallah it is WORKING.

THanks very much for the very quick response.

Hanani

Apr 14, 2021 2:59 AM in response to Hanani

If your iPhone isn't detected by CarPlay, make sure that CarPlay isn't restricted. Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions, tap Allowed Apps and make sure that CarPlay is enabled. Go to Settings > General > CarPlay, tap your car, then tap Forget This Car. Then set up CarPlay again.

If you need help with CarPlay - Apple Support

Apr 14, 2021 3:00 AM in response to Hanani

1. Is this your corporate iPhone? Then please contact the system administrator of your corporate
  2. If it is your personal device, in that case, do you have any profile installed by your corporate/organisation/enterprise/School Management?
    1. Erase the profile added by you If you have installed a profile on your own --> Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple ...
    2. Or please contact the system administrator of the organisation who provided the profile to you

carplay doesn't appear to be part of the General settings on my iPhone X iOs 14.4.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.