You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iPhone is stuck in settings

New iPhone is stuck in settings. Says continue but nothing. I’ve turned off & on zip nothing. Thank you.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 5:40 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 12:25 AM

Try a forced restart https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/force-restart-iphone-iph8903c3ee6/ios

If that fails and if this is indeed a brand new phone then take it back under warranty or use your free apple technical support

Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here: Get Support

If this is a new-to-you but pre-owned phone then see the process below. Work all through it.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

There is no guarantee you can save any data since your last backup

If it fails more than 3 times seek a refund.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 15, 2021 12:25 AM in response to Mickey712

Try a forced restart https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/force-restart-iphone-iph8903c3ee6/ios

If that fails and if this is indeed a brand new phone then take it back under warranty or use your free apple technical support

Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here: Get Support

If this is a new-to-you but pre-owned phone then see the process below. Work all through it.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

There is no guarantee you can save any data since your last backup

If it fails more than 3 times seek a refund.

Apr 15, 2021 6:06 AM in response to Mickey712

I’m afraid the suggestions didn’t help. My new phone is a iPhone 12 pro max. I was able to set everything up with exception Update Apple ID Settings. When I press the blue continue it just spins. I’ve updated my password. Had my old phone sitting next to the new phone. I’m at a loss. So nice of you to respond. I hope you can respond again with a successful solution.

Best regards,

Michele Fitzpatrick

My new iPhone is stuck in settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.