You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How long do I have to get AppleCare for my MacBook Pro after I purchased it?

How long After I purchase my MacBook do I have until I can get AppleCare?

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 5:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 5:56 PM

You can get AppleCare+ anytime from the point of purchase until 60 days after you purchase. In some areas, you can even add it up to one year after the original purchase, as long as there's no accidental damage.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202702

AppleCare+ is a great investment! I'm glad you'll get it.

10 replies

Apr 19, 2021 9:02 AM in response to halliwood007

Ok I found out; it is indeed 60 from when you PURCHASED (and NOT when it is delivered, so if you had a long delivery time, that cuts into it) HOWEVER, if it is not long over and your device (after diagnostics) still works well, they will sell you AppleCare even after 60 days when you call them (can't do it online though). I just went through the process with my MacBook Pro. It was 6 days over (but NOT over the delivery 60 days time frame)

Apr 19, 2021 8:45 AM in response to rina204

I have this question too as my MacBook Pro was a gift and I wasn't aware AppleCare wasn't on it until the screen went black on me. Gratefully, it happened within some grace period and the repair was free, but that's when I discovered apple care was not on it. Now that I have the Mac Pro back, I am not able to add it. I was told to add it when I received the device back...

Apr 19, 2021 11:18 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

@grant, lol you would think so, and you specifically can say so, but yeah, that's not the case when you go online to try and get AppleCare. 60 days after PURCHASE the website shuts the option down for you. Obviously they are indeed more lenient and will help you but you WILL have to call in (or go to the store when it is back open).

Also not sure why you think that the day of purchase is at most a few days before delivery; because that has not been the case for me half the time. When you have a new item or a popular item, it is made for you in the factory (China) upon order, so you will have to wait until it is put together and then shipped from China. This happened to my iPad AND my m1 laptop. I had to wait a week (laptop) to up to 3 weeks (iPad) after purchase.

How long do I have to get AppleCare for my MacBook Pro after I purchased it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.