You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get my old settings and files

To whom it may concern,

I just want to ask how to get my old settings and files of my old iphone. I have 2 cellphone of iphone, one is iphone 5s and one is iphone 7. In some circumtances I sell my iphone 7and I buy a new iphone, but then when i start my new iphone all the set up was form my iphone 5s. How can i have back the settings from my old iphone 7? Is there a possibility to recover those?

Thank you.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 8:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 8:43 AM

Probably you have started your mew iPhone using the same Apple ID as that of your iPhone 5S.

Use Apple ID being used in iPhone 7.

iPhone to iPhone, there are three ways,

1. Quick Transfer --> Use QuickStart to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad or iPod ...
  2. Restore from iCloud Backup --> Restore or set up your device from an iCloud backup - Apple ...
  3. Restore from iTunes backup --> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in iTunes on PC .

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 15, 2021 8:43 AM in response to Ronaline1029

Probably you have started your mew iPhone using the same Apple ID as that of your iPhone 5S.

Use Apple ID being used in iPhone 7.

iPhone to iPhone, there are three ways,

1. Quick Transfer --> Use QuickStart to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad or iPod ...
  2. Restore from iCloud Backup --> Restore or set up your device from an iCloud backup - Apple ...
  3. Restore from iTunes backup --> Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in iTunes on PC .

How to get my old settings and files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.