You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Classic

iPod Classic 160 GB Model MC293LL

I have 105 GB of music on this. It has not been synced to iTunes in over six years. I just keep it connected to the car, listening to the same old music. I had my library on an external HD that broke (I believe the entire Apple programs were on the external; not sure because I don't even have that computer anymore).

I am requesting DETAILED instructions on how to sync my iPod to a "new" iTunes Library. I have a completely new desktop now (Windows 10) with plenty of HD space. My fear is that iTunes will erase my iPod if I attempt to sync/connect it. NOTE: only a very small fraction of my music was purchased through the iTunes Store.

Please provide DETAILED instructions on how to load my iPod library on to a new/blank iTunes Library without losing my 105 GB of music? Thanks in advance.

iPod Classic

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 9:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 5:05 PM

See Recover media from an iPod - Apple Community.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

iPod Classic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.