You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add apps to Share menu for iPhone

I would like to add an app to the Share function under the More option. The specific case...I have a reMarkable 2 device which can import PDF's and ePub files through it’s iOS app. In any app that could store or create one of these two formats (PDF's or ePub's), I would like to add the reMarkable app under the More option to Share documents. Can this be done and how is it done or could be done? Thanks.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 12:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 11, 2021 9:41 AM

I wanted to be able to share a PDF document to the Remarkable 2 device, so this fix might only work if you are dealing with PDF documents.

I got this tip from Remarkable Support....

1) When you have the document on the screen either tap the share icon (square with up arrow) and pick Print. Or if there is no share icon, as in Mail, pick the left curving up double arrow (bottom right corner) and pick Print.

2) Once the Print has been tapped and the Print dialog is open, put two together fingers on the printed page thumb nails and expand the view (by opening the together fingers on the thumb nails).

3) The document thumb nail will expand to the fill screen as a PDF document. In this view there will be another share icon, where you my find the app you to which you want to share.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 11, 2021 9:41 AM in response to micsulim

I wanted to be able to share a PDF document to the Remarkable 2 device, so this fix might only work if you are dealing with PDF documents.

I got this tip from Remarkable Support....

1) When you have the document on the screen either tap the share icon (square with up arrow) and pick Print. Or if there is no share icon, as in Mail, pick the left curving up double arrow (bottom right corner) and pick Print.

2) Once the Print has been tapped and the Print dialog is open, put two together fingers on the printed page thumb nails and expand the view (by opening the together fingers on the thumb nails).

3) The document thumb nail will expand to the fill screen as a PDF document. In this view there will be another share icon, where you my find the app you to which you want to share.

Apr 16, 2021 2:37 PM in response to mulsar

Hello mulsar,

We see that you're not seeing an app in the share sheet and would like to add it. We'd be happy to point you in the right direction!

If you're not seeing the app listed as an option in the main share screen or in the more section there isn't a way that you can manually add it.

If you'd like to see that app added to the share menu in the future, you'll want to reach out to the app developer directly to submit that feedback.

Cheers!

Add apps to Share menu for iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.