You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do videos stop playing when I change my volume?

About once a week or so, my phone will decide it wants to pause my videos when I adjust my volume on literally any app. Like I could be watching a snapchat video from a friend that you can only see once and if my sound isn’t on, I can’t turn it on or else the video will stop playing. After this has started, it won’t stop, in fact videos just will not play after this unless I restart my phone and sometimes even that does not work. I have the newest update and I take good care of my phone.

Please tell me I am not the only one.

Can anyone please help me with this issue?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 12:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 4:18 AM

Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 17, 2021 4:18 AM in response to leahspiers

Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

Why do videos stop playing when I change my volume?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.