You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

espn app on my iphone 6

I have used the espn app since I have had my iphone 6. Just this week it won't work and says I have to have software 13.0 or above to run the app. My software says it is up to date but is 12.5.2 . Any help?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 9:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 9:57 AM

ESPN updated their service and the app now requires that version or higher. You will have to get a newer iPhone to upgrade to iOS 14.x (your iPhone does not have enough RAM to run anything higher) or contact ESPN and see if they have a workaround.

7 replies

May 1, 2021 8:28 PM in response to deggie

ESPN is obnoxious to create a new version that eliminates use on older devices. The old Watch ESPN app worked fine. The newer one was horribly slow even on my new phone. Now this. They need to make this right and have an app for older devices. I am seriously considering canceling my Disney + and ESPN + subscription. What else can I do?

May 4, 2021 7:52 AM in response to ddah

I’m very disappointed with Disney/ESPN application developers. My espn app for my iPad no longer works. In there infinite wisdom, espn requires that I update my application, but I can not down load the update because it only works with iOS 13.0 and above. My iPad can not download 13.0 because of the age of my iPad. So I now must stop using ESPN or buy a new iPad. When I go to update the app a message says download previous version of the app. I already have the previous version on my pad but it won’t open because evrytime I try I get the message update the app. “Catch 22”. I pay for espn+ that I can not use now. They are still taking my money without an app that works, great business model. Money for me, nothing for you.

Thanks Disney/ESPN.

I would give lower rating, but they do not allow a “zero”

espn app on my iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.