You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad could not show each app’s size under iPad storage

I try to delete an app. But when I click “Settings”, then click “iPad Storage “, I saw some dots running as a small circle, showing it is working. But it runs a while, then the “settings “ closed. I re-open the “settings“ the same thing happened. I couldn’t ever seethe storage of each app.

iPad Air Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 2:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 2:20 PM

First force close the settings app. This explains how to force close an app.

Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then, force restart your device. This explains how to force restart an iPad.

• iPad models that don't have a Home button: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Power button until the device restarts.
  • iPad with Home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons until you see the Apple logo.

After you perform both actions, try going into Settings>General>iPad Storage and see if the apps will load.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 17, 2021 2:20 PM in response to dadinfromgermantown

First force close the settings app. This explains how to force close an app.

Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then, force restart your device. This explains how to force restart an iPad.

• iPad models that don't have a Home button: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Power button until the device restarts.
  • iPad with Home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons until you see the Apple logo.

After you perform both actions, try going into Settings>General>iPad Storage and see if the apps will load.

IPad could not show each app’s size under iPad storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.