You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't open FCPX library

Hello! I have a FCPX library I created in 2019 which I can’t open. When I try, I get the “need to update” message in Final Cut. I click update, and then I see the loading window with a progress bar but the program just hangs. I see the spinning color wheel and eventually I need to Force Quit the program (FCPX not responding).

I’ve tried opening a copy of this library from my back up, but with the same results.

I am running FCPX V10.4.10 on a late 2015 iMac running Mojave V10.14.6 with 32 GB of memory.

I googled the problem and I’ve seen suggestions of opening the library package and trashing locked files, but what I saw didn’t match the description in the article so I was hesitant to try anything.

Thank you in advance for any help!

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 3:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 7:15 PM

Well, blow me down, the library opened! This is amazing!! I can not thank you enough. Two questions: 1) should I do something special to save this now? and 2) where do you want your gift basket sent?!

Similar questions

12 replies

can't open FCPX library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.